4/2/08

Karma

i think i've offended the Gods. perhaps my mom's teaching me a lesson. it could be a sign from my mom to me, as today's her birthday.

earlier this morning, i left my house for the market as i'm supposed to whip out something good for dinner. i crossed the road, stepped on the curb, missed a bloody step and my entire body threw forward, which caused both feet of mine to twist and sprain. i was lucky there were no cars because the red light triggered the moment i fell. i pushed myself up, in excruciation and disbelief and staggered hurriedly to the pavement.

a diagram drawn for better understanding

sounds like some hollywood action pack drama. seriously whoever did that fall is definitely danger-free because i can tell you the real life situation, the fall is never executed correctly neither is it a 'pretty falling shot'. it's raw! asshole.

i settled at the nearby stairs and i swear 10,000 pairs of eyes were staring at my direction. i ignored the given attention and focused on my injuries.

i realised my left feet gave way because it was the first to be sprained followed by my right. so the swell was really bad and imagine the right foot getting a sprain as well? 2 friggin' swells! i could hardly stand up because my left foot was in immense pain. both of my knees and elbow have abrasion wounds. they had something in common: all of them were bleeding! and i have a date with ave and mr. tan tomorrow!

shit.

many things were running in my head. things like, "what about dinner?" "i don't want to have broken bones!" "what about tomorrow's date?!" "how am i gonna find a job like this?!" blah blah..
then snap! when an elderly man kindly took his bottle of medicated oil and asked me to apply it over my injured area. 2 homemakers came to me and asked me if i'm okay. then came a few more.

sorry for digressing but i need to point something out. when you had a bad fall, and someone witnessed the entire incident, came up to you and asked if "you're okay?" or "does it hurt?", i'm glad someone asked me but don't you think "are you okay" or even better "does it hurt" looks like some stupid question when "i'm not okay" and "OUCH!" is written all over your face?!

so anyway, this lady came out from her SUV and offered to drive me back home. i agreed the kind offer and managed to reach home safely. i realised this fall made me realised something: There are kind people out there and I'm not alone.

and now i'm in this ordeal typing this entry out v_v urgh. THANKS

No comments: