5/26/08

I Really Want A...

tongue piercing!!!


i don't care! i want a tongue piercing! i want a tongue piercing! i want a tongue piercing! i know it sounds crazy, and many will object me to do one, but i have been craving for that since 2005 despite reaching the legal age!

many percept that body piercing among teenagers is a form of rebellion. many teenagers have been known to have numerous piercings just to spite their parents and society. not me!

as of May 2008, Elaine Davidson has a total 5,920 piercings

while the increasing number of people are doing it as a fashion statement, the idea of being seen to be at the cutting edge of fashion and being with the "in" crowd. not me either!


with the above said, my initial desire wasn't based on rebellion or fashion. i just want a feel of it it on my tongue! oh by the way, it's rumoured that tongue piercings are not only great at kissing, the outcome of oral sex and foreplay were great as well. ( ha ha ha now you know my secret...just kidding lah!) i personally choose to believe that my stand of piercing can also be used to make a social statements or an opportunity to create one's own rites of passage - childhood to adulthood and one relationship to the other being most common.

"But observers are keen to note that today body piercing is not just a fad being followed by a few teenagers, or extremists rebelling against conservative values. The practise is being recognised as a personal statement marking an individual's passage through life's experiences, and for many, it is a tool through which they find a means of expressing their own inner sense of being.

- an excerpt from some online forum


i had a small talk with my dad, hoping i could at least gain consent to the tongue piercing...

Me: Pa, remember that day I asked you about the tattoos? what about piercings?
Mr Yeong: what kind of piercings? Ear piercing? Sure.
Me: No, tongue piercing! Will you allow me to go tongue piercing?
Mr. Yeong: No
Me: Why? Are you going to pour acid over my tongue again? (The answer he gave me when I asked if I could have a tattoo)
Mr. Yeong: I'll cut it.

great! that was expected - Mr. Yeong said NO! but i'll do it anyways! however, not too soon, i guess. :@

fyi, xiaxue got herself a tongue piercing! check this video out! awesome-ness!

2 comments:

HuiMing said...

ouch. sure looks painful cheryl!!
You're gonna be talking funny. Its just like having braces in your mouth just more painful!

And for sure your favourite food will not taste the same again. Who knows? it might affect your taste bud?

Anyway im going into teaching, not psych (:

C said...

@huiming: hey hm! i'm glad you told me how you feel about the piercing issue. i've gave thought about it and understood the consequences. but the stubborn me refuses to back out, maybe till i face the needle, i might just freak out and not pierce it?

i'm glad you got into teaching! i believe that's something you like to do and who knows my future kid will be under your teachings! i believe you'd make a great teacher hm! :) cheers!