5/23/08

Just Because You Have Somebody To Love

it does not mean you can dump your friends aside! i am one of those friends this guy friend of mine chose to dump when he got somebody to love. i shall not name this guy or else he'll become depressed or overly emotional again. let's call him X.

i got to know X from some random online game and we exchanged msn addresses because we found good company as we share similar interests. it started out with some casual chatting as we both enjoyed each other's company; i like his corniness and he likes me being funny. so whenever i'm online we'll chat about random topics just to make each other's day happy.

one day, it got rather odd, when he just started blabbering his feelings about his personal life, telling me how miserable he felt as a 20 year old without a girlfriend, causing me to feel out of place. i encouraged him by telling that there are billions of ladies out there and love isn't easy to come by..blah blah (the same old cliche phrases) he went on and on telling me how desperate he wanted one, and how much he wanted to be hugged and be loved..yada yada yada..okay, point taken.


then X continued preaching at me about this girl he had a crush on. a girl whom he never met before but spoken to on the phone (sounded so me in '01) and how this another girl who's barely 14 had taken an interest on him..yada yada yada. then i explained imho that what he mentioned isn't real love. (i mean if that's what he is seeking for) he told me he understood and thanked me for the encouragement.

days had passed and we were still on the same topic (which totally bores me to death) but being nice, i chatted, encouraged and did whatever i can to avoid such similar topics. X revealed how much he enjoyed talking to me and how great a friend i am, i thanked him earnestly. the next moment he popped a question: "erm, what if i like you?" i was ridiculed, and answered straight forwardly, "nah, like that will happen between the two of us." i shunned him for a while.

few weeks later, he messaged me in msn spreading his joy telling me how he found the love of his life and how loved he was. i extended my best wishes and was pretty well, relieved and glad at the same time. he asked if i were playing the online game that we used to play and i replied him negatively.

being nice, i invited him to a game that i'm currently got hooked on; CabalSEA and he rejected me within the second i asked. with a firm "NO"! he started the entire fucking cycle again. this time, it's not calls for desperation but how busy he will be accompanying his 1st girlfriend and his schoolwork and won't be having any spare time for gaming or any meet-ups with friends. wow, who was the one being there for you when you're in need? wait, should i even consider him a friend? oh, ya maybe i should. because i'm being too nice! ugh! period.

fuck you, X.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

X is definitely not the only person out there who's like that.

People who dump their friends for the sake of love, I think they will only learn to realized that one day, friends are the people whom they can turn to.

C said...

@crab`: if they learn, that is. v_v

HuiMing said...

Oh man. I can't stand guys like that. They are what I call desparados.

Anonymous said...

i totally agree wif all that...i have a guy friend whom i was close wif 1st...we were classmates...im kinda weak in a certain subject he was goo at, so he offered to teach me, well...who wouldnt wan? free tutorial...since he offered...but i dun take things for granted...nways...he got closer to this roommate of mine...which i would say...was kinda self-centered...as they got closer she asked him to teach her also...well...i of coz dun have any proble with dat...but she is smarter then me, so dat guy assumed she understands just by explaining briefly, (he always explain one by one for me PAtiently) then one day SHE being a total bitch which i never knew she was...told him " how come u could teach her so patiently an not me?" the very next day he did not teach me anything...even if i asked him...he told me he din noe....wat the heck!! i so hate dat girl....i treat her as a friend...and that guy friend os mine...(he likes he btw) ahh!! makes me wanna just boil them in a pot of water!!! hahaha~

~CheerZ