6/2/08

You Are A Laughing Stock

This might sound dramatic but it happened to someone I knew before.

PS: I forgot to tell this to Alicia and Chris earlier on. So now I'm going to relate the incident using e-media.

Guys pick up girls on the street. I believe quite a number of guys do that to at anywhere, anytime. But can you imagine the girl being fooled after giving her number to the guy? Be it in bed, or by means of wealth or fame or just for the sake of fun, that girl is a laughing stock.

I had this experience when I went for a movie outing at Cineleisure with a group of girls. When we were about to enter the building, the Cine kids(or so I thought), approached one of my friends and asked for her number. Flushing red, my girlfriend browsed around and finally gave her number to the "full-package" guy (cool, good looking, a sk8r boy too) after a round of persuasion from the rest of his friends. When she finally did everyone cheered on, leaving me looking like an ass for not being "a friend". Some asked if I was green with envy...Uh, not really. I had this bad feeling so I thought I better shut up. And I was right!


That scenario was so awkward we decided to mingle around Rocky Masters and came the same guy who asked for my girlfriend's number. He took a glance at my friend and started sniggering real hard, so hard I thought his esophagus was going to explode anytime. "Hey there girl, don't be angry if you allow me to say this, but I took a bet with my friends that I'm able to get your number within 10 minutes. All thanks to you he's buying me a movie ticket. Don't worry I will delete your number from my phone." He completed his sentence, immediately flashed his phone at her face and deleted her number running back to his friends who were already laughing at the corner.

She flushed again, this time infuriated and pissed. One of of my girlfriends stood up and flashed the finger and the guys went "OOOOH..." which obviously doesn't bother them. In my mind, I was like, "Morons are meant to be morons. No mistake in that."

We took our last coffee sip and left for the theatre immediately...What laughing stock.

Girls, if a random guy ever comes up to you on the street for your number, don't be fooled by his looks or his deep sexy voice because all of this is a scam, to make you look like an idiot or to manipulate you. If you're all cool, then I guess I've nothing much left to say. If you have no idea what to do, just reject him. Don't even try feeling bad for him because he is a completely desperate moron.

PPS: This is not meant to be a sexist entry because such scenarios can be applied to guys as well. Neither is it meant to be stereotypical because only a handful of people behave this way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These ppl are good! The create their own enetertainment from everyday life.
Err....congrats to them??
AHahah

C said...

@3poin8: V_V ha, you're partially correct, but too bad my friend was actually dumb enough to believe his sweet talk. i wanted to stop her, but it feels as if i'm controlling her life besides it's plain awkward to ask her reject someone who is standing right next to us. maybe i'm a coward. :0